This recipe is from my friend Vanessa - she is a fabulous cook and is always making delicious food, including this awesome dip. She suggests adding a mango to the mix as a different option --- I highly recommend it!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
- add 1 avocado, cut into very small pieces, but not mashed
- add 1 half small red onion (or quarter of large) diced very small
- add 1 c an diced tomatoes with green chilis
- add 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded, chopped into verysmall pieces
- add juice of half a lemon
- add juice of half a lime
- add a couple splashes of red hot or tobasco sauce
- add half a bag of taco style shredded cheese
- add *can also add a mango, diced in same size as avocado
- add *corn also goes well in this dip (in place of mango)
- add * for more spice, add an extra jalapeno, more tobasco, and some crushed red pepper
- just mix it all together and serve!