This is easy, delicious, colorful, delicious, uses currently-in-season fresh corn and tomatoes, and, oh yes, is really good. I made a double batch of this yesterday for two of us, and we just polished off the rest of it this evening. BTW, Ordinary tomato is fine instead of plum tomato (and we happen to use more of it); I highly recommend flat-leaf parsley, if you can find it, because the curly stuff is not nearly as flavorful; You can use radicchio or any other kind of lettuce (if you choose to use any at all); The salad tastes even better the second day!; Flavor is better when served closer to room temp as opposed to ice cold.
- add 1 plum tomato
- add 1 scallion
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 4 large boston lettuce leaves
- add 1 cup fresh corn kernels, cooked (from about 2 ears)
- add 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- add 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- add 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- add 1 pinch cayenne
- In a bowl whisk together lemon juice, oil, and salt to taste.Stir in remaining ingredients, except lettuce leaves, with salt and black pepper to taste and let salad stand, stirring once or twice, 15 minutes for flavors to develop.
- Line 2 plates with lettuce and divide salad between them.