My whole family enjoys this easy dish. I make it often with cornbread on the side.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup long grain rice
- add 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning (I use Tony?s Chachere?s Original Creole seasoning)
- add 3 green onions
- add 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- add 1 lb smoked sausage
- add 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- add water
- add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- add 1 small onion
- add 1-2 clove garlic
- add 1 (10 ounce) can rotel diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- In a large family skillet with lid, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add onion, green onion and garlic; sauté until soft.
- Add sausage and Creole seasoning.
- Once sausage is slightly brown, add Rotel and black beans.
- Stir until just combined.
- Pour chicken broth into measuring cup and add water to measure 2 cups.
- Add 1-cup rice and broth, water mixture to skillet.
- Stir until combined.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook until rice is cooked through and mixture is thickened slightly.