Servs: 6 Prep:
"Since we live in an area where dairy farming flourishes, an ice cream pie seemed like a natural dish to create. It's an easy dessert to prepare anytime."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup chocolate ice cream, softened
- add 1/2 cup whipping cream
- add 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- add 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- add 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- add 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnaps
- Combine the first three ingredients; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Spoon chocolate ice cream into crust; freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; add extract. Cool. Spread half of the chocolate sauce over chocolate ice cream; freeze until set, about 1 hour. Spoon vanilla ice cream over chocolate sauce; freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Spread remaining chocolate sauce evenly over pie; freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 5-10 minutes before serving.