This is a delicious recipe we found in a "Taste of Home" magazine. We recommend you use smaller shrimp, or slice the bigger ones in half to make them more manageable for eating. If you left out the shrimp, it would make an excellent hot party dip or spread.
- add 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- add 2 (6 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- add 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- add 1 large green pepper
- add 1 lb medium shrimp
- add 1 large onion
- add 2 celery ribs
- add 4 tablespoons butter
- add 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- add 1/2 cup butter flavored crackers, crushed (about 12)
- add 3/4 cup cooked rice
- add 1 (10 3/4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- add 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir the cream cheese and 2 tbsp of the butter over low heat until melted and smooth.
- In a large skillet, saute onion, celery and green pepper in the remaining butter until tender.
- Stir in cream cheese mixture.
- Stir in shrimp, soup, mushrooms, garlic salt, hot pepper sauce, cayenne pepper and rice.
- Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish.Combine cheddar cheese and cracker crumbs; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.