If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 4 cups strained fresh blood orange juice (from about 2 dozen blood oranges)
- add 2 (1/4-oz) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- add 3 tablespoons sugarAccompaniment: <a href ="/recipes/recipe_views/views/104412">brandied whipped cream</a> Special equipment: a 1-quart glass, ceramic, or stainless-steel mold
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in a
- large bowl and let soften 1 minute.
- Bring 1 cup juice just to a boil and add to gelatin mixture. Add sugar
- and a pinch of salt, stirring until
- sugar and gelatin are dissolved.
- Stir in remaining 3 cups juice. Pour
- mixture into mold and chill,
- uncovered, until set, about 8 hours.
- To unmold, dip mold into a bowl
- of hot water for just a few seconds.
- Shake mold from side to side,
- then invert onto a serving plate.
- Cooks' note:
- Blood oranges can be expensive. To cut costs, you could substitute 2 cups strained regular orange juice for 2 cups blood orange juice.