This is the most amazing dip, which may I add is also fantastic on slathered on steaks and burgers especially grilled, and also the best served on the side with raw veggies! Fresh garlic may be used, but be cautious only to use a small amount like 1 teaspoon minced or less, otherwise it will overpower the other ingredients, I use about 1 tablespoon roasted for this, start by adding in a small amount at a time, and increase the amount of roasted garlic (fresh or roasted) as this dip gets stronger when left left to chill for the full 24 hours, so you might want to start with a small amount of garlic and add in more the following day if desired.. This is a dip I created years ago and still serve it today at get togethers it is the first to completey go so I always make a double batch. Gorgonzola cheese can be replaced with blue cheese for a milder flavor. Plan ahead this dip needs to chill 8-24 hours before using. You can adjust all ingredients to taste, if you prefer a more creamy dip i
- add black pepper
- add 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- add 2-3 green onions, finely chopped (yellow onions can be used, but green is better)
- add 1-2 drop Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- add 1 tablespoon roasted garlic (1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic can be used in place of the roasted, start with stated amounts and ad)
- add 1 cup sour cream
- add 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- add 1 cup mayonnaise (use mayo not salad dressing for this)
- add 1 cup blue cheese, finely crumbled (can use Roquefort in place of blue cheese)
- Mix all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Using an elctric hand mixer mix until well blended.
- Cover and chill for 8-24 hours or up to 3 days.