This makes a great dip for buffalo wings!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup buttermilk
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1/2-1 teaspoon onion salt
- add 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- add 2-3 fresh minced garlic cloves (I like lots!)
- add 8 ounces blue cheese
- add 1/2 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, buttermilk, mayonnaise and onion salt until well blended; add oil, mix again.
- Crumble blue cheese very finely, and add to buttermilk mixture; stir to mix well.
- Chill for 4 hours or more (to blend flavors).
- Serve with salads, as a fresh veggie dip, or spicy Buffalo-style chicken wings (my husband's favorite!).
- Note: when this dressing is first made, it will appear very stiff, however it will thin out after it chills for several hours, and become just the right consistency for pouring.