These are great to have ready in the fridge for "drop ins", (have some waiting there now), Stick them in the oven, remove to serving tray and top with a thin slice of tart apple, serve immediately. or use in place of crackers, top with almost anything you like! (Better homes and gardens)
- add 8 ounces blue cheese
- add 1 cup chopped walnuts
- add 1/4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- add 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 2 egg yolks
- add 2-3 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Combine flour and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cut in cheese and butter with a pastry blender till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add walnuts and egg yolks.
- Stir till combined.
- Form mixture into ball, knead till mixture clings together.
- Divide dough in half, shape each half into a log 9 inches long.
- Wrap logs in blastic wrap, chill at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut each log into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place slices 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or till bottoms and edges are golden brown.
- Transfer to wire racks.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To make ahead, store tightly covered in the refrigerator up to 1 week.