It's my copy of this recipe. Another delicious brunch recipe to serve for a special occasion especially when fresh blueberries are in season! This recipe was shared by a MOPS friend and it's become a family favorite! Be sure to prepare the night BEFORE!
- add 1 loaf sliced french bread (one pound), cut into cubes
- add 1 1/2 - 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- add 12 oz softened cream cheese
- add 8 eggs
- add 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- add 1/3 cup sour cream
- add 1 TB vanilla
- add 1/2 tsp allspice
- add 1/2 cup milk
- add 1/3 cup maple syrup
- add powdered sugar for dusting
- add *optional: additional blueberries & maple syrup for serving
- Beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, yogurt, sour cream, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice. Gradually add milk and 1/3 cup syrup until blended. Place 1/2 of the bread cubes in greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Sprinkle blueberries over. Pour 1/2 the liquid mixture on top. Top with remaining bread, then the rest of the liquid.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate OVERNIGHT. In the morning bake at 350 degrees, covered 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake additional 25 minutes.
- Serve with blueberries, maple syrup and a dusting of powdered sugar.