These are served at "The Talk of the Town" diner in Watertown, MA and the recipe was in todays paper. They sound like a yummy way to enjoy blueberry season!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 egg
- add 1 tablespoon flour
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 2 cups flour
- add 1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- add 1 cup fresh blueberries
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1/2 cup whole milk
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Cut butter into mixture (it will be crumbly).
- In separate bowl, combine milk, vanilla, egg and vinegar- mix thoroughly.
- Add the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir gently.
- Add blueberries.
- Using a large spoon, drop 10 mounds of batter onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425 for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack- serve warm.