"A delicious alternative to chocolate chip cookies."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- add 1/4 cup milk
- add 1 egg
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 teaspoon almond extract
- add 1/2 cup shortening
- add 1 cup fresh blueberries
- add 1 cup white sugar
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening, sugar, egg, milk, almond extract and lemon zest. Mix well after the addition of each ingredient. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; blend into the sugar mixture. Fold in the blueberries. Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.