These used to be served at the Jordon Marsh department stores(now Macy's). On our shopping trips, my sister and I always made sure we stopped at their restaurant and had one of these blueberry muffins with a cup of coffee...they are delicious!
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- add 2 eggs
- add 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- add sugar
- add 2 cups flour
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1/2 cup milk
- Grease 12 cup muffin pan.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add alternately to creamed mixture with milk and vanilla.
- Crush 1/2 cup berries and add to batter.
- Fold remaining berries into batter and spoon into muffin pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes and turn onto wire rack.