Cheap Eats ($0-1 per person)
Servs: 6 Makes: 24 pancakes Prep: Cook:
Take your breakfast to the next taste level with these Blueberry Pancakes. Serve with a unique Blueberry-Ginger Syrup for extra flavor!
- add 1/4 cup melted butter
- add 1/4 cup sugar (or substitute of your choice)
- add 1/2 cup flour
- add 1.5 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- add 2 cups fresh blueberries
- add 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- add 4 egg yolks
- add 8 egg whites
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, butter and egg yolks until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and lemon peel. Stir dry ingredients into ricotta mixture.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites.
- Add blueberries into batter.
- At medium heat, form cakes by spooning 1/4 cup of batter per pancake into a well heated and lightly oiled griddle or skillet.
- Cook cakes, turning once, or until browned (approx 4 minutes).