Makes: 12 Prep: Cook:
Everyone I've fed these to has declared them the best blueberry muffins they've ever tasted.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup pecan halves
- add 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- add 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1/2 cup uncooked oats
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 2 tsp baking powder
- add 1/4 tsp baking soda
- add 1/4 tsp salt
- add 2 tsp grated fresh lemon rind
- add 1-1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- add 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- add 3/4 cup buttermilk
- add 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Process pecans in food processor 2 or 3 pulses until chopped. Add brown sugar and 1 tbs flour; process 5 seconds. Add butter; pulse 4 or 5 times or until mixture is crumbly. Stir in oats; set aside.
- Combine 2 cups flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add blueberries, tossing gently. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg, buttermilk, and oil; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling 2/3 full. Sprinkle with oat mixture.
- Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans immediately.