If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add To make puree, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.Cut pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds.Scrape the inside of the pumpkin with a metal spoon to remove the stringy fibers.Place the halves cut side down in a roasting pan along with about 1 cup of wat
- add You?ll need about 4 pounds of pumpkin/squash to get 4 cups of puree.
- add * Note: Use "sugar" or "cheese" pumpkin (or other variety labeled as a "pie" pumpkin), not "Jack-o-Lantern" pumpkin.If fresh pumpkin is not available substitute butternut squash.Do not use canned pumpkin.
- add 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 cup flour
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 4 eggs
- add 1/2 cup milk
- add 1 cup butter (2 sticks), melted
- add 1 1/2 cups sugar
- add 4 cups pureed cooked fresh pumpkin or butternut squash*
- Pre-heat oven to 350Â°.Using an electric mixer, beat together pureed pumpkin, sugar, melted butter, milk, eggs (add one at a time) and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.Pour into well-greased 2-quart ring mold or bundt cake pan. Bake at 350Â° for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until knife inserted comes out clean.Cool completely on a rack. Unmold and serve. This is delicious when topped with sweetened whipped cream.