This solo side dish can also be an excellent carrier for cooked cocktail shrimp, diced chicken or ham. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup vodka
- add 1 cup bow tie pasta
- add 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- add 1 teaspoon garlic
- add 1 teaspoon olive oil
- add 1/3 cup onions
- Cook the pasta in at least 2 quarts of salted water according to package instructions. Drain.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter with the olive oil in a sauce pan, and then saute the onion until transparent.
- Mix the tomato sauce and vodka, together and add to the pan that has been removed from the heat. Return the pan to the heat, stir and then add the garlic and basil.
- When the sauce starts to bubble, turn the heat to low, add the second tablespoon of butter and continue to cook over low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss to coat.
- If desired, grated Parmesan cheese can be added after the pasta has been plated.