The brandy gives the sauce a little extra flavor, but it can be ommited. Light cream 1/2 and 1/2 or whole milk can be used in place of the heavy cream.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 whole clove
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 tablespoon brandy
- add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- add 1 bay leaf
- add 1 quart heavy cream
- add 3 tablespoons flour
- add 3 tablespoons butter
- add 1/2 lemon
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1/2 onion
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Stir in the flour and let cook for 1-2 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Chop garlic and add to roux (flour and butter mixture).
- Whisk in the cream.
- Pin the bay leave to the onion using the clove.
- Place it in the cream and let steep (not simmer) for about 20 minutes.
- Bring to a simmer then immidiatly remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese,the juice of the lemon and the brandy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, be generous.