Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
best if you have left over sausage ,ham,bacon combanation for making this tasty dish for breakfast or brunch the next day after thankgiving , x-mas or any holidays for family & guest. This dish is a pleaser!.
- add I
- add 1 pound(s) rigatoni or any kind pasta
- add 1 pound(s) bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces across the strips
- add or any kind of sausage or combinations
- add of ham, sausage,bacon
- add 3 clove(s) garlic, sliced
- add 13 tablespoon(s) (or more as needed) extra virgin olive oil
- add 1 large onion, cut to 1-inch dice
- add 2 tablespoon(s) fresh oregano
- add 2 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme
- add 1 tablespoon(s) fennel seeds
- add Grated Asiago or any cheese (optional)
- add Salt, to taste
- add Pepper, to taste
- add 1 quart(s) non-fat or low-fat plain yogurt
- add So-mack powder (Persian herb), for garnish,fresh bail or parsley
- Pre gathering preparation:
- Cook the rigatoni or any kind pasta al dente and refrigerate in a 1-gallon plastic container .
- In a pan over medium-low heat, cook bacon together9 ham,susage) with sliced garlic and a generous amount of black pepper.
- Remove before fully cooked and set aside.
- Wipe out the bacon pan and add 5 to 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, onions, and a salt to taste, and
- sate for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add onions to bacon/garlic mixture, and refrigerate.
- Clean herbs (if using fresh) and refrigerate.
- **For Out door cooking:
- Place an iron skillet on the grates of a medium-hot grill and allow the skillet to warm for a minute or two.
- Make sure your skillet doesn't get too hot.
- To the warm skillet, add 8 to 10 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, the precooked pasta, bacon-and-onion mixture, oregano,
- thyme or( just Italian seasoning) from spice rack, and fennel seeds and toss to combine. Saut? and stir frequently
- to cook evenly until pasta begins to brown and get crunchy (15-18 minutes). Be patient ? it will smell great and your
- audience will simmer with anticipation. Optional: Sprinkle some grated Asiago cheese while browning;
- ck taste (keep in mind there is plenty of salt in the bacon and cheese) while everything is cooking in the skillet. Open and gently
- stir yogurt until it has a smooth and creamy texture.
- When the dish is colorful and sizzling nicely, remove skillet from heat and distribute the pasta dish.
- Top with yogurt, sprinkle with somack,or basil or parsley and serve .