Servs: 16 Prep: Cook:
"I threw some stuff together and made this. It's seasoned like sausage, pretty tasty. I make it in large batches, slice and freeze it. It makes an easy, nutritious and satisfying breakfast."
- add 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- add 6 eggs, beaten
- add 2 cups powdered milk
- add 1 teaspoon ground sage
- add 1 small onion, chopped
- add 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- add 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 4 stalks celery, chopped
- add 2 pounds ground turkey
- add 2 cups textured vegetable protein
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x11 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, tvp, powdered milk, and eggs until well blended. Mix in the green peppers, onion, celery and spinach. Season with black pepper and sage. Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the center is firm and the juices run clear. Let stand for a few minutes before slicing into 16 slices.