Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"'This crustless pie is wonderful to serve to overnight guests, because you assemble it the night before,' explains Pam Botine of Goldsboro, North Carolina."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup milk
- add 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- add 8 bacon strips, diced
- add 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- add 2 1/2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- add 1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- add 1 green onion, sliced
- add 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. Stir reserved drippings into cornflakes; set aside. in a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in hash browns. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with bacon and the cornflake mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.