Servs: 10 Prep: Cook:
"At home or on the go, pita halves make handy holders for this flavorful mixture of sausage, scrambled eggs and Swiss cheese. 'I don't know where I found this recipe, but I do know everybody likes it,' writes Mrs. James Kell of Ocala, Florida. 'Once the pockets are filled, they can be kept warm in the oven until the whole family is fed.'"
- add 1/4 cup milk
- add 5 pita breads, halved
- add 5 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- add 5 eggs
- add 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- add 1/8 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. Drain and set aside. Place the pita halves in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 300 degrees F for 5 minutes. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour into a lightly greased skillet. Cook and stir gently over medium heat until the eggs are completely set. Stir in sausage. Place a half slice of cheese in each pita half; spoon about 1/3 cup of egg mixture into each. Serve warm.