Not just for breakfast -- one of the many uses for leftover pork is to create a simple, fast and delicious hash with potatoes. Mmm... total comfort food! Add some perfectly cooked smoked bacon and I'm in hog heaven...so to speak.
- add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- add 1 teaspoon Essence of Emeril (or to taste)
- add 1/2 large onion, cut into 1-inch squares (Use any kind you like, we love red)
- add 2 large potatoes
- add 1/2 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
- add 1 cup leftover cooked pork (shredded or diced. I used a shredded crockpot roast)
- add 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.Add potatoes and onions, then season and stir to coat.Spread into in as much of a single layer as possible and let cook for 5-8 minutes periodically stirring to brown all sides.
- Add 1/2 cup water, cover and let cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove lid, add pork and finish on high until heated throughout and potatoes reach desired color and crispy exterior.