I found this recipe in a regional magazine and we really enjoyed it. Even my broccoli-hating children loved it.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup bacon bits
- add 1 medium purple onion
- add 1 cup walnuts
- add 1 cup golden raisins
- add 1/4 cup sugar
- add 1 bunch broccoli
- add 2 cups red delicious apples
- add 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- add 1 cup cheddar cheese
- add 1 head cauliflower
- add 1 cup mayonnaise
- Combine broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, onion, bacon bits, raisins, walnuts and apple in a large salad bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise and sugar in a small bowl; let sit for 15 minutes for the sugar to dissolve.
- Add in the vinegar; stir well to combine.
- Pour over the salad ingredients and toss to mix well.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.