This recipe was given to me by a friend several years ago. We enjoy the brownie, cheesecake and cherry combo very much. I have doubled the cheesecake layer (and baked longer) and served as dessert. Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator. However, flavor is best at room temperature. Cook time includes chill time.
- add 1 large egg
- add 2 large eggs
- add 1/4 cup water
- add 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- add 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- add 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla
- add 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- add 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Grease bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
- Brownie Layer: Combine brownie mix, oil, water and eggs in a large bowl just until all dry mix is moistened.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cheesecake Layer: Beat vanilla, egg, milk and cream cheese in large bowl until smooth.
- Pour over baked brownie layer.
- Bake until topping is set, about 25 minutes.
- Cool 2 hours.
- Cherry Layer: Spread pie filling over bars.
- Cut into 1 1/2 or 2-inch squares.
- Store in refrigerator.