If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup sour cream
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add almonds
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- add 3/4 cup toasted almonds
- add 3/4 cup butter
- add 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- add unsweetened cocoa powder
- add 3 eggs
- add 1/4 lb white chocolate
- CAKE:Grease 5 cup heart shaped pan; dust with unsweetened cocoa
- powder and set aside.In bowl, blend together brown sugar, butter and vanilla; add eggs, one at a time, beating well with wooden spoon after each addition.
- Sift together flour, cocoa and salt; add all at once to creamed mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Stir in nuts; spread in prepared pan.
- Loosely cover tip of heart with foil to prevent from drying out. Bake in 350xF oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until just barley firm to the touch.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes; turn out onto rack and let cool completely.
- FROSTING:In top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water, melt white chocolate with butter.
- (Alternatively, in microwaveable dish, microwave at Medium/50% for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened.)Remove from heat and let cool slightly; stir in sour cream until smooth and blended.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes; spread smoothly over sides then top of cooled cake. GARNISH:Sprinkle cocoa in attractive pattern on top of cake. Arrange almonds around top edge.