If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- add 4 eggs
- add 3/4 cup butter
- add 2/3 cup cocoa
- add 1/2 cup pecans
- add 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pour sugar into a clean and dry one quart jar.
- Press down firmly.
- Add cocoa powder and press down firmly.
- Pour in chopped pecans, making sure they are evenly layered.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt, pour into jar and seal.
- Attach following directions to jar: Empty mix into large bowl.
- Stir to blend thoroughly.
- Add 3/4 cup butter or margarine and 4 beaten eggs.
- Mix until completely blended.
- Spread batter onto lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until done.Cool in pan and cut into 2 inch squares.