Servs: 10 Prep: Cook:
"When I'm expecting company for brunch, the menu often features this tried-and-true casserole. With ham, eggs and plenty of cheese, the enchiladas are flavorful, hearty and fun. Plus, they can be easily assembled the day before. -Gail Sykora, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin"
- add 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- add 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- add 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- add 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- add 2 cups half-and-half cream
- add 6 eggs, beaten
- add 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine ham and onions; place about 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cream, eggs and salt if desired until smooth. Pour over tortillas. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 3 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.