Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
"A great summer appetizer featuring fresh tomato salsa on toasted Italian bread."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 pinch salt
- add 5 leaves chopped fresh basil
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1 pinch dried oregano
- add 2 cloves minced garlic
- add 1 dash crushed red pepper
- add 1 (1 pound) loaf French or Italian-style bread
- add 1 pinch ground black pepper
- add 8 seeded, chopped roma (plum) tomatoes
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, oregano, red pepper, salt, pepper and olive oil. Use more olive oil, if necessary, to coat the entire mixture. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Slice the bread. On a baking sheet, arrange the slices in a single layer. Brown both sides of the bread slightly in the oven. Remove the slices from the oven. Spread the tomato mixture on the slices. Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mixture is hot but not cooked.