Tasty burger, either serve on a bun of your choice or as patties with mashed potatoes and the juices as a sauce.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 lb lean ground beef
- add 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- add 1 egg
- add 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese or mozzarella cheese
- add 2 tomatoes
- add 1 small onion
- add 1/2 sweet green pepper
- add 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a bowl, whisk together egg, bread crumbs, garlic, 2 tablespoons water, herb seasoning and half each of the salt and cayenne pepper; add beef and mix well.
- Form into four 1/2 inch thick patties.
- In ovenproof frypan, heat oil over medium high heat; fry patties until bottoms are browned, about 6 minutes.
- Turn; cook for 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together tomatoes, green pepper, onion, parsley and remaining salt and cayenne pepper.
- Spoon onto patties; sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 4 inches from heat until cheese begins to brown and pattties are no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes.