I made this for my son's 9th birthday party as an appetizer for the adults. Let me say, this recipe was so good that after dinner I had to whip up another batch for guests who arrived after appetizers were served because everyone raived about them.
- add 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 French baguette
- add 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mozzarella cheese
- add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- add 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced (plum)
- add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- add 1 pinch white pepper
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1 (6 ounce) package sliced provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Brush both sides of each slice with the olive oil.
- Place tomato slices and a sprinkling of basil and oregano on the bread slices.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes, basil and oregano with the garlic powder and white pepper.
- Cover the tomato slices with slices of the mozzarella and provolone.
- Place more basil, oregano and tomato slices on top of the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.