Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"This is a bruschetta recipe I came up with for a dinner party."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, thinly sliced
- add 1 (6 ounce) package sliced provolone cheese
- add 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mozzarella cheese
- add 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- add 1 pinch ground white pepper
- add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- add 1 French baguette
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices. Arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush both sides of each slice with the olive oil. Place tomato slices and a sprinkling of basil and oregano on the bread slices. Sprinkle the tomatoes, basil and oregano with the garlic powder and white pepper. Cover the tomato slices with slices of the mozzarella and provolone. Place more basil, oregano and tomato slices on top of the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.