Servs: 16 Prep: Cook:
"I always serve this as a starter at dinner parties. Everyone loves it because it is so light and tasty."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 8 plum tomatoes, diced
- add 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch thick circles
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 1/2 red onion, minced
- add 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- add freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine tomato, basil, and red onion in a small mixing bowl; stir well. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Place in oven, and bake until well toasted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven, and transfer to a large serving platter. Let bread cool 3 to 5 minutes. Rub garlic into the top of each slice of toast; the toast should glisten with the garlic. Spoon the tomato mixture generously onto each slice, and serve.