Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
I found this recipe in a magazine and decided to try it out for Thanksgiving one year and it was a hit! Even if you don't like brussel sprouts, you'll like this dish.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 8 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- add 2 lbs Brussel Sprouts, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise
- add 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- add 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- add 1 15oz can cannellini beans, drained
- add 2 tbsp butter
- add 1 cup coarsely grated pecorino cheese
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. When just about to smoke, add half of brussel sprouts. Cook until brown, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer to large bowl. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in same skillet and repeat with remaining pound of brussel sprouts. Transfer brussel sprouts to same bowl.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet, increase heat to high. Add garlic; saut? until brown, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Add broth and brussel sprouts. Cook until brussel sprouts are crisp tender, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Add beans and butter; stir until butter melts and broth is reduced to a glaze, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cheese.