Servs: 30 Prep: Cook:
"These are chocolate-covered balls of peanut butter and confectioners' sugar."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons shortening
- add 1/2 cup butter, softened
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- add 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- add 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar with hands to form a smooth stiff dough. Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball. Place on prepared pan, and refrigerate.
- Melt shortening and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.
- Remove balls from refrigerator. Insert a wooden toothpick into a ball, and dip into melted chocolate. Return to wax paper, chocolate side down, and remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.