These wings are baked, not fried, which simplifies the prep. The recipe was adapted from The Anchor Bar in Buffalo, the bar where these wings were originally served.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2/3 cup hot pepper sauce (Like Louisianna Hot Sauce)
- add 2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- add 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 1/2 cup mild blue cheese
- add 1 teaspoon white vinegar (red is fine too)
- add 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- add 25 chicken wings, tips removed,separated at joint (will have 50 pieces)
- add 1/2 cup sour cream
- add cayenne pepper
- add 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- add 2 teaspoons vinegar
- add 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- add 8 teaspoons melted butter
- Mix all dip ingredients and chill overnight if possible.
- Spread wings out on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Mix melted butter, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce.
- Brush butter mixture onto wings.
- (Can do this ahead and hold for 2 hours maximum if at room temp).
- Bake at 400° for 20- 30 minutes, or until wings are cooked through.
- Baste one time during cooking.
- Sprinkle cayenne during last 5 minutes of cooking for more heat.
- Serve hot with dip and celery sticks.