This recipe has true hot wing flavor, not a bit sweet like some recipes. The sauce thickens when it's simmered so that it clings to the wings well.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 bottles frank's hot sauce
- add 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- add 1 tablespoon minced onions
- add 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- add 1 (5 lb) bag frozen chicken wings
- add 1/2 lb margarine or butter
- Mix all ingredients except the wings in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cook the wings according to the package directions, either deep-fried or baked; my family prefers them baked at 425 degrees until the meat is tender and the skin is crispy.
- Put the wings in a large bowl, pour the sauce over, toss to coat well; I like to place them back on a baking sheet at this point and bake for another 15-20 minutes in a 300 degree oven.
- Serve with celery sticks, and either blue cheese or ranch dressing.