I found this recipe on The Food Network website, courtesy of chef Alton Brown. Simple to make, though a bit pricier than your regular burgers, these are fantastic. Appropriately named, these "steakburgers" are so flavorful they need no more than the kosher salt for seasoning.
- add 8 ounces chuck
- add 8 ounces sirloin
- add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- add 3 kaiser rolls
- add 3 slices of your favorite cheese (optional)
- In separate batches, pulse the chuck and sirloin in a food processor 10 times.
- Combine the chuck, sirloin, and kosher salt in a large bowl.
- Form the meat into 5 oz patties.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the hamburger patties in the pan.
- For medium-rare burgers, cook the patties for 4 minutes on each side.
- For medium burgers, cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side.
- Flip burgers only once during cooking.
- If adding cheese, top burgers with cheese last few minutes of cooking.
- Serve on toasted Kaiser rolls.