I love cooking with wine. It adds a great flavor to the food, especially when done in the crock pot.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 8 ounces tomato sauce & mushrooms
- add 1 bay leaf
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- add 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- add 1 cup soft white breadcrumbs
- add 1/2 cup dry red Burgundy wine
- add 5 slices of uncooked bacon
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- add 2 lbs lean ground beef (or a meatloaf mixture of ground beef, pork and veal)
- add 1 small onion
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, onion, eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, wine, basil, salt and pepper. Mix well with hands.
- Crisscross 3 bacon slices on a 12 inch square of aluminum foil; shape meatloaf mixture and place on top of bacon.
- Take the last two slices of bacon and cut in half. Place on top of meat loaf. Place bay leaf on top.
- Lift foil with meat loaf into crock pot. Cook on High for 1 hour and then turn heat to Low and cook for 4 more hours or until meat loaf is done.
- If I am not going to be home, I just cook it on Low for 6 to 8 hours on low and don't turn it to High for the one hour.
- To serve, lift meat loaf carefully from the crock pot. Tilt the foil a little so the fat will run off. Discard bacon and bay leaf.
- Serve heated tomato sauce over slice meat loaf.