If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened 1/3 cup cornstarch 3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup granulated sugar 2 large egg yolks 1 tablespoon Pisco or regular brandy 1/4 teaspoon
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a large baking sheet.
- Whisk together cornstarch, 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, then beat in egg yolks, Pisco, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until combined, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons flour if dough is sticky. (Dough should be soft.)
- Form dough into a disk and roll out into an 11-inch round (1/8 inch thick) on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin. Cut out 32 rounds with cutter (reroll scraps if necessary) and transfer to sheet, arranging rounds 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake until firm and pale golden around edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool 10 minutes.
- Sandwich cookies with about 1/2 teaspoon dulce de leche. Dust with confectioners sugar.
- Cooks' note:
- Cookies can be made, but not filled, 3 days ahead and cooled completely, then kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
- *Available at Latin markets and many supermarkets.