One of my favorite ways to enjoy this type of squash!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add sour cream
- add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 cup water
- add 4 garlic cloves
- add 1 1/4 lbs butternut squash
- add 1 onion
- add 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 4 celery ribs, chopped (with leaves)
- add 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- add 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- add bacon bits
- Heat oil in large, heavy saucepan. Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring often until softened.
- Stir in celery and spices. Cover and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 can broth,water and squash. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until squash is tender.
- In batches, process in food processor or blender until smooth, adding chicken broth as necessary to make desired consistency.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of bacon bits.