Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
Inexpensive, quick and simple, and a crowd pleaser.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 head cabbage - chopped
- add 2 medium onions - chopped
- add 2 garlic cloves - minced
- add vegetable cooking oil
- add 1 stick butter
- add 6 slices bread - soaked in milk
- add 2 cups cream
- add 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese -grated
- add salt & pepper to taste
- add fine bread crumbs (plain or seasoned)
- Boil chopped cabbage in salted water until tender. Drain and set aside. Saute onions and garlic in vegetable oil until onions are translucent but not browned. Add cabbage to onions and garlic. Add butter, moistened bread, cream and cheese. Pour half of the mixture into a lightly buttered casserole. Top with half the seasoned crumbs. Pour the remaining mixture into the caserole: top with remaning seasoned crumbs. Bake at 350* until browned, about 25 to 30 minutes.