A relatively easy to prepare dish.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 cups water
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 2 heads cabbage
- add 3 ounces onions
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 ounce raw rice
- add 1 ounce carrots
- add 3 ounces brown sugar
- add 2 ounces lemon juice
- add 3 ounces tomato puree
- add 1 whole egg
- add 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- Core cabbage and blanch for 12 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Remove, cool, and seperate large leaves; reserve for formula.
- Mix beef, rice, vegetables, seasonings and eggs.
- Blend thoroughly, but keep mixture as light as possible.
- Scale 2 oz portions of meat mixture.
- Place on flattened cabbage leaves, folding ends of cabbage leaves to the center and rolling securely but not too tight as the mixture will expand due to the rice.
- Prepare 12 units.
- Butter a baking pan and place cabbage rolls close together in the pan.
- Combine the balance of the ingredients.
- Add additional water to barely cover cabbage rolls, if required.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove cover and Bake 20 more minutes.
- Serve with 1 oz sauce.