This tasty cabbage roll recipe uses tomato juice instead of tomato sauce. It has a slight tang to it from lemon juice and mint leaves. I got this recipe from my mother when she was in WW years ago. It's very tasty and well worth trying.
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 2 tablespoons rice
- add 10 ounces ground beef
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 14-16 leaves cabbage
- add 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 1 cup tomato juice
- add 1 teaspoon dried mint
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Remove the hard core from the cabbage and wilt the leaves.
- Line a casserole dish with two cabbage leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients except the garlic, using only 1/2 cup of the tomato juice.
- Roll the mixture in leaves- using approximately 1 heaping TBLS per leaf.
- Place the rolls, seam side down, on the leaves in the dish.
- Add the clove of garlic, remaining tomato juice and 1/2 cup of water to the dish.
- Bake at 325*F, covered for 45-60 minutes.