This is our favorite cabbage roll recipe. I often double or triple it to take it to pot lucks. They always go down a treat. People love them.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 egg
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 carrot
- add 1 lb ground beef
- add fresh ground pepper
- add 1 onion
- add 1/2 cup brown sugar
- add 6 slices bacon
- add 1/4 cup lemon juice
- add 12 wilted cabbage leaves
- add 1 cup tomato sauce
- add 1/4 cup raw long grain rice
- Mix together meat, rice, egg, onion, carrot, salt,pepper and bacon.
- Spoon mixture into the center of each of the 12 cabbage leaves.
- Roll up, tucking in sides to completely enfold meat.
- Place folded side down in a greased baking dish.
- Mix together brown sugar, lemon juice and tomato sauce.
- Pour over rolls, cover tightly and bake at 375*F for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 20 minutes longer.