I love cabbage, but never liked the other cabbage rolls I ate, so I created this one. Very different from the usual cabbage roll. Try it--you will like it! Not traditional tomato/rice version-but yummy!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1/4 cup Yoshida gourmet sauce
- add 1 cup milk
- add 2 teaspoons table salt
- add 1 lb ground pork
- add 1 small onion
- add 1 egg
- add 1 lb ground round
- add 1/4 cup brown sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- add 1 large cabbage
- add 3 tablespoons honey
- add 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°FButter a 13x9 pan.
- Core cabbage, take off outer leaves, and cook in boiling water until tender-crisp.Drain on paper towels.
- Mix meat, bread( that had 1 cup milk on it), onion, egg, salt, and allspice.Beat with electric mixer until fluff--about 10 minutes.
- Place egg-sized mixture on each cabbage leaf, tuck sides in first, then roll up.Put in a buttered pan, seam side down.Brush with butter and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- When done, drain off the juices into a skillet and add all sauce ingredients.Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or glazy.Pour over cabbage rolls and bake 10 minutes more.