The perfect Caesar Dressing
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/3-1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (one small lemon)
- add croutons (to garnish)
- add 3 dashes hot sauce (like tabasco)
- add 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
- add 4 anchovy fillets
- add 2 large egg yolks
- add 2 heads romaine lettuce, outer leaves discarded,inner leaves washed and dried (ten-ounce heads)
- add 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large wooden bowl, using a wooden spoon, mash chopped garlic cloves to a fine paste with salt.
- Stir in egg yolks and Dijon mustard.
- Add anchovies, and grind to a paste.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce and season with pepper.
- Slowly whisk in olive/canola oil until dressing is creamy.
- Add lettuce to bowl, and toss to coat leaves thoroughly with dressing and grated Parmesan.
- Sprinkle croutons over salad.