My family thinks this is the best Caesar Salad they have ever eaten. I've served it many times at various functions and have been asked for the recipe more times than I can say.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- add 1 cup olive oil
- add 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- add 2 egg yolks
- add 1 1/2 cups croutons
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- add 1/2 dry mustard
- add 2 heads romaine lettuce
- add 4 anchovies, drained and chopped (optional)
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare lettuce by washing and drying thoroughly.
- Tear lettuce into bite size pieces, place in a plastic bag and refrigerate for several hours.
- Mix olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce and anchovies in a jar, shake vigorously and refrigerate.
- Shake often white refrigerating.
- Just before serving, put the lettuce and croutons in a large bowl, shake the dressing and pour over the lettuce, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and toss until all leaves are coated.
- Make a well in the center of the lettuce.
- Place the egg yolks in the well and top with the lemon juice.
- Toss, toss, toss and toss some more.
- Add more parmesan if desired (I like lots).
- One secret to a good Caesar Salad is in the tossing.