My all-time favourite salad. No other even comes close - well, maybe a spinach/bacon/egg one.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 large egg yolks
- add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- add 2 heads romaine lettuce
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons (recipe in my cookbook)
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- add 3/4 cup olive oil
- add 1/2 cup freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- add 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- add 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- add 3 flat anchovy fillets
- add 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Mince and mash the garlic with the anchovies to form a paste and, in a bowl, whisk together paste, yolks, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, salt and lemon juice.
- Add oil in a stream, whisking, until it is emulsified.
- Toss Romaine with Parmesan and croutons in a bowl; add dressing and toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately.