Easy to make-kids big or small love it. Nose friendly anchovy paste method. I am asked to bring this salad to every function
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- add clean and torn romaine leaves
- add 3 dashes worcestershire sauce
- add 1/2 cup virgin olive oil (fresher the better)
- add fresh ground pepper
- add 2-3 fresh minced garlic cloves
- add croutons
- add 1/8 cup parmesan cheese
- add crispy bacon bits
- add 2-3 inches anchovy paste (right from the tube)
- add salt
- add 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a blender, whiz up first 6 ingredients then slowly drizzle olive oil in while blender is still running to make a creamy emulsion.
- Some people like to add an egg yolk at this time, but that is up to you.
- Chill dressing in blender carafe for at least 20 minutes to 1 hour. Whiz up to mix again and taste and make any adjustments.
- Assemble torn lettuce and coutons and bacon in very large bowl.
- Then adding dressing a bit at a time and tossing until coated.
- Present with a little more cheese and pepper if desired.
- my secret touch:I cube and toast any left over bread like sourdough, pumpernickle, italian - about1 inch cubes.
- I put in the oven and toast on a cookie sheet.
- After I fry my bacon bits,, I reserve a tablespoon of bacon drippings in the frypan and add another tablespoon or so of butter and a little seasoning salt.
- I toss the toasted bread cubes in the yummy drippings, right in the same pan as the bacon was made in and let cool a bit before tossing on salad -- these are buttery and yummy.
- This step can be made ahead. sinfull.
- Your heart will thank you lol.